Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Triplet Update

I got sick over the weekend. When I left BloggerCon I had a real bad headache that over the weekend evolved into some low grade combination illness that isn't deadly, but really has cramped my ability to get stuff done when I should be really working hard. It kind of pisses me off. So what does this have to do with triplets?

I had a big time physical last week and our perinatologist and pediatrician both recommended that everyone in the house get a flu shot. I am sure you can see where this is going. So at the conclusion of the physical I get a tetanus shot, a flu shot, and a pneumonia vaccine. Tate, our two year old had the day previously come home from pre-school with hand, foot and mouth disease or as I call it hoof and mouth disease. I think that the shots combined with my son's amazing viral powers got me in this mess.

Last week at the long ultrasound all the babies are looking good, weighing 3.1 lbs and continue to develop quickly as triplets do. I am sure the triplet updates will increase as the day of reckoning approaches. For those if you who don't know, we DIDN"T use fertility drugs and it doesn't run in the family. I guess we are just lucky.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the good news about the triplets! I feel your pain about the illnesses. For us, a flu shot at this point would be redundant. Justin is bringing stuff home and getting sick every couple weeks with something new. All this since our nanny moved away and he's in day care. All we can do is try to sleep more to stay healthy. Good luck doing that with the imminent triplets! :)

>B