Monday, December 06, 2004

Ringback

This morning I had to call our development partner, eMbience, to discuss some product related items. I called Nimish on his cell phone as it was early and I wanted to make sure I spoke with him directly. When the call apparently connected to his cell phone to ring, I heard what I think was a waltz by Beethoven. I am not quite sure which piece, but it was obviously something classical. If I weren't a cell phone geek, I probably would have hung up the phone and tried calling back again. Because I am a cell phone geek, I listened to the phone for a while and then Nimish answered the phone.

As a fan of new cell services, this is really cool. As a general consumer, I am not quite sure I get it. Without some kind of education or information, it felt like I went into some kind of phone telemarketing hell, or my phone wasn't working right. I am sure as consumers figure it out it will be cool like ringtones, but I expect there is going to be a lot of head scratching for a bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there Blogger. I was searching for the latest information on voice broadcasting and somehow, which I don't understand, found your site. Although Ringback wasn't what I was interested in, I'm sure glad I found your site. I'll keep on looking for voice broadcasting but I just had to comment on how much I enjoyed reading the comments here. voice broadcasting I bookmarked your site.