Thursday, June 21, 2007

Mac Attack

So add me to the long list of people who switched from a PC to a Mac. I have never ever been a Mac user but the opportunity to use the Mac, PC and Unix environment on one machine was irresistible, especially as I became more comfortable with the Mac from using the Mini at home.

Yes it is great and I love it. No it isn't a social movement or the next best thing to sliced bread. My only hope is I get another 2+ years from this laptop as I did my last HP Laptop. I am thinking that I will.

One big drawback so far is the support for business nerds. Getting Outlook contacts to a Mac format was a real pain in the ass. I had to buy a $10 software package called Outlook2Mac. How I am going to sync things with my main smartphone is still a mystery to me. One big plus was the set up of my Upstage EVDO handset as a modem using Bluetooth. That ruled. No software, no discs, no drivers. It just worked. As it should.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may want to try out Missing Sync to hook up your phone to your mac. I've got a Q and it works pretty good.

http://www.markspace.com/

-d

Melissa said...

Hi Derek,
I noticed that when I perform a google search on User-Generated Content your page comes up. I am finishing up my thesis on UGC & Viral media and need to collect data on users and their views and was wondering if you could take my survey (or even better, post it on your site)... it literally takes five minutes and it would be great to get a diversified response. Thanks so much.

Best,
Melissa


Click Here to take survey

or

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=pESIWf_2bDZ7YbBmlIAeA90g_3d_3d