Derrick Oien

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

RSS

A little while ago I was turned on to RSS readers. I wasn't sure of why it was valuable to me, but I decided to download a couple and try them out. After trying a couple I ended up using SharpReader. At first I had the impression that it was an abbreviated way to review the various news sites and blogs I started reading. I found that this resulted in my saving a lot of time just looking at the same websites each day. Over time what I found that was even cooler was that it essentially allows me to archive old articles which is really cool if you are traveling etc. and it also gives you a method of searching through a large chunk of information if you are looking for articles on specific subjects.

I think that the use of these RSS readers and the eventual ability to parse through articles and sites using something like Blogpulse will start to make blogs much more useful.

3 comments:

Bruce Riddell said...

Hi there.....

Visited your nice blog today. It is very Interesting......

I have a blog that focuses on MARKETING SOFTWARE.

Do you know what the hottest new blog marketing titles are? Vist my blog to find out!

Smartie said...

I found a lot of useful info about Data Mining on your blog - thank you. I also have a new Data Mining Tips blog - please click over and have a look

Anonymous said...

Imagine the power of tens of thousands of other web sites being able to easily display your RSS feeds on their web sites for content. Click here: rss announcer.