Thursday, July 01, 2004

Riding in Cars in the Midwest

Every time I visit my in-laws in North Dakota, I take the time as an opportunity to pick up some music to listen to on the long drives across the prairie. So the three CDs I am listening to on this trip are: (Drum roll please)

Coheed and Cambria In Keeping Secrets of the Silent Earth: 3

I love this album. I take issue with the Allmusic Guide review. This is super cool Prog Emo that reminds me of early Rush. The title track really harkens to something like 2112. I would check it out, all too often us oldsters keep listening to the same stuff. I think these guys are going to be big someday. Come to think of it, they have an new one coming out very soon.

Wilco A Ghost is Born

I bought the last Wilco CD for my wife and it became one of my favorites. I haven't had enough time to get into this one yet, but I like what I hear so far. I heard a lot of Sonic Youth style in one of the early tracks, which made this one definitely to explore for a couple of months to come. Its not as catchy as Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, but it seems to have a lot more complexity which will surprise for some time to come.

The Ataris So Long Astoria

Last year on my annual trip to the Midwest, I went to a show to check out a band that was big on MP3.com by the name of Align. Their manager, a real cool guy named Levar hooked me up with backstage passes and I got to hang out backstage and watch the show. A bunch of great bands were there, including Ministry and Sum 41, but what I found very surprising is that I really loved the Ataris. This CD from last year has the song In My Diary, which is a homage to touring around with the Warped Tour, and a remake of Don Henley's The Boys of Summer. Maybe not a CD for everyone, but the two tracks mentioned bring a smile to my face. ;-)

11 comments:

Hoops said...

I've been playing the new Wilco quite a bit, and I've definitely become hooked. Great driving music. We're heading up to Tahoe tomorrow (Friday), and I'm bringing this with me! -- Bruce

Quit Smoking said...

Having discovered your blog through the blooger toolbar, I hope you don't mind saying that I have a ebooks site/blog. It pretty much covers ebooks related stuff. Check it out if you have time.

download fat mp3 said...

Blogger hello i'm joel, i enjoyed your blog.
Whilst looking for information on mp3 ringtone oldies I arrived at
your site,this wasn't quite what i was looking for
but hey it's a great Blog, good to see a really good up to date Blog,
I see why i found your site when i was seeking information
on mp3 ringtone oldies I enjoyed your page and will bookmark it as I WILL
return soon.Thanks for a great read, perhaps your could come and
visit my site soon and see what you think of it http://mp3freeonline.com/ GoodLuck joel.

best free music download program said...

Blogger hi there, nice to see a good content blog,
I'm looking for information on cassidy download music this is how i arrived at
your site,this wasn't quite what i was looking for
but hey it's great to see a good up to date Blog, I see
why i found your site when i was looking for cassidy download music
I enjoyed your page and will definitly be returning soon.
Thanks for a great read, perhaps your could come and visit
my site soon and see what you think of it http://mp3freeonline.com/ GoodLuck joel.

download music from internet said...

Blogger well hello there, nice to see a decent blog,
I'm looking for information on free music download in mp3 and ended up
on your site,this wasn't quite what i was looking for
but it is great to see a good up to date Blog, I see
why i found your site when i was looking for free music download in mp3
I enjoyed your page and look forward to returning soon.
Thanks for a good read, perhaps your could come along to
my site sometime http://mp3freeonline.com/ GoodLuck joel.

Auto loans said...

We found Nice and clear knowledge from your Blog. Please share your thoughts on our blog New Car Loan also.

Car Loans Home said...

Hi, Thanks for your interesting blog. Keep up the great work! I also have a site & blog about instant car loan
, please feel free to visit.

KWBKTKDP said...

I read your blog and it was really cool, here please check out mine

I have a PSP Games site/blog. It pretty much covers PSP Games related stuff.

Gus Skarlis said...

Know anyone who is looking to buy a vehicle or Car Buying Tip save them thousands.


Car Buying Tip

Car Loan Home said...

Hi thanks for your blog, I liked it! I also have a blog/site about car loans for low credit scores
that covers car loans for low credit scores
related stuff. Please feel free to visit.

mp3 said...

Hey how are you doing? just letting you know that someone from Central America read your blog!
If you feel like visiting mine:
mp3
Regards,
Charles