Monday, April 24, 2006

Russ hangs it up

One of the earliest people I started reading when I started blogging almost two years ago was Russ Beattie. Russ would sometimes iritate but always engage. His passion and understanding of mobile is something that I enjoy consuming and over time have struck up a casual relationship with him that I hope continues beyond the death of his blog (for now I am sure).

In one of his last posts which was an open letter to MobHappy, he beseeches them to have fun with mobile and show that they really enjoy mobile (which they certainly do). While there are certainly a lot of great mobile bloggers around today, Russ will certainly be missed as one of the most enthusiastic and a thoughtful booster for the differences between mobile and the Internets. I wish him well in his private endeavors and hope he comes back soon.

No comments: