Friday, April 07, 2006

Yahoo API Update

I always hate when people grouse and then don't give an update if something changes. So here is an update. I hadn't really spent enough time with the Yahoo Developer documentation. Once I did I realized that although I had been talking to a specific group, it probably made sense to go through the formal process of the overarching business group to make sure that things were tracked.

So I sent in my initial request to the Yahoo developer group and received both a form response and a direct response from Eleanor who is in the group. So we are going through the things companies have to go through to make sure that all the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed and we will see what comes out of it. We are certainly chomping at the bit but having been at a big company in past lives I understand that there are processes. I still am not aware of any companies doing anything commercial with the Yahoo APIs but no doubt there are others that are further along in the process than we are currently.

More as things develop.

No comments: