Tuesday, December 20, 2005

CardScan

Since before Tate was born we have been in the habit of sending cards out to people around the holidays. We started with family pictures but quickly shifted to pictures of our kid and now kids. Jess made an amazing card this year so I felt an extra level of need to get a list of people to send cards out to this year. I rummaged through my office and realized that I have a stack of approximately 500 business cards that weren't in my PIM. Holy crap!

I started typing cards in (haha). After three I realized this wasn't going to work. I had heard mixed reviews on card scanners and decided to take the plunge. I ended up buying a CardScan scanner, I crossed my fingers and set everything up. Shawn laughed at me and told me that I would be scanning cards for days.

Surprisingly I blew through the stack in around an hour and have to say that the OCR was amazing. There are certainly some things that don't scan well but in most cases it worked great. I am a big fan.

I think my hesitation to use a card scanner was primarily because of the bad experience with products like Dragon naturally speaking and other voice recognition technologies, which I have to assume have also gotten better since I last checked.

So if you want a card send me your address! Or your business card. ;-)

3 comments:

James Baker said...

Congratulations Friend for your excellent blog on Mercury Business Availability Center!Keep up the good work!
If you have a moment, please visit my site:
Mercury Business Availability Center
I send you my warm regards and wish you continued success.
Have a nice day! :-)

Rachel said...


home business opportunity - Home Business Sales Mastery Audio Course

Are you ready to slam the door on your job for good?

What about setting your own hours?

How about being, doing and having everything you want from life?

What makes you any different from the folks you pass on the freeway driving those luxury cars?

Discover what the difference is by hearing the The Home Business Sales Mastery Course.

The Home Business Sales Mastery Course is written and developed by Paul Barrs. He authored the now famous Internet Marketing Mastery Course in addition to the Home Business Success Keys.

This brand new course takes you to an entire new level of learning. home business opportunity

Jane said...


business plan Retail Store - Guide To Starting Your Store in Retail Business.

Do you have insecurity in a 9-to-5 job in today's economy? Are you ready to make your own fortune with retail business? It takes someone with an entrepreneurial spirit.

If you're searching for the freedom to be your own boss. If you're tired of being held in limbo by a fragile economy. If you've always dreamed of owning your own store, where you get to select the merchandise. You can take control and enter the market with your own retail business. Retail Store business plan