Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Fear And Loathing Quote

There are too many lines in the book to recount, but a quick search of Fear And Loathing quotes on Google brought the book back to life again. This one stood out to me:

"How long could we maintain? I wondered. How long until one of us starts raving and jabbering at this boy? What will he think then? This same lonely desert was the last known home of the Manson family; will he make that grim connection when my attorney starts screaming about bats and huge manta rays coming down on the car? If so, well, we'll just have to cut his head off and bury him somewhere, 'cause it goes without saying that we can't turn him loose. He'd report us at once to some kind of outback Nazi law enforcement agency and they'll run us down like dogs. Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

No comments: