Friday, February 25, 2005

Travel Log - New Jersey and 'blizzards'

Spent most of the day in Manhattan. Sat down for drinks with Gary Churgin and Michael Simon of the Harry Fox Agency for drinks and catching up. Gary became CEO at HFA right after we settled our lawsuits with the publishers, so we have known each other fairly well for a long time. In addition to showing Gary what we are up to, we had a nice informal chat about podcasting. No real take aways, but it will be interesting to see how they decide to approach podcasting.

During drinks, a 'horrible' snow storm began. This isn't normally a problem, except we needed to make a drive out to Morristown, New Jersey that evening. I happen to have a nasty combination of driving experience that makes me a dangerous snow driver. I am a long time Los Angeles commuter and I have spent the last 10+ Christmases in Fargo, North Dakota. I am entirely comfortable in complete whiteout conditions and I hate slow drivers. I laughed as I drove through, over and around the freaked out Jersey drivers on our way to the hotel.

Had an amazing dinner at Copeland. This was a top rate Manhattan dining experience out in the burbs. We had no idea that it would be this good. Dinner was with Scott Wolf who worked with me at Vivendi who now heads up sales at Muzak.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our network has been looking for a Travel business like yours to list in our World Directory & our forum.

Hey, there is no cost and it will only take a few minutes for you to register!

Your Silver Fox Business Building Team

We Generate $1,000 A Day Using These F r e e Business Building Tools For Our Business & We Will Teach You How You Can Do The Same For Your Travel Business!

List Your Travel Business Now!