Thursday, April 27, 2006

Spam Your Phone

I was catching up on email. I categorize into do immediately which I do, deal with later, or file. The first and last are fine. Its the middle ones that are bad. They are either things I should take some action on or are left over emails that came in while traveling. Tonight I closed that window down to everything acted on or filed up to the last 30 days. Not too bad in terms of lag. As soon as I hit that milestone I was looking at some sites and the "send alerts to your phone" tag on one site made me laugh really hard. Right, with all the interupts from email and IM the last thing I need is to have my phone going off all night. I will pass and save the SMS messgaes for Jessica and co-workers. I think the jury is still out on what the right kind of messaging we need on our phone in terms of SMS. My early interactions on automated alerting have been short lived before I cancelled them quickly.

No comments: