Tuesday, January 30, 2007

30 Days of Deletion - Deleted

I began with much enthusiasm to delete applications from my laptop which was inspired by my annoyance around the practice of payloading applications that is not an uncommon practice. As fate would have it, I ended up coincidentally with some hardcore performance issues that I suspect was caused by 1 or 2 pieces of software that I won't mention since I don't really know the cause. Suffice to say, I sat down and over an hour last week I deleted no fewer than a dozen applications.

The majority of the deletions weren't because I had a problem but were mire because I just don't use the software. Examples of that would include Sharp Reader and Google Video player. Both of these are fine software packages that I just never used.

So the punchline for me is that I didn't walk through 30 days of deletion, rather I just got it all out of the way at once. I would recommend doing that yourself periodically, you know, just like those hard drive backups you do. :-)

No comments: