Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Planet Earth

A couple of weeks ago I was hiking with a friend Mike Blake and our respective children in the canyon behind their home. While talking about the various shows we were each watching he told m about the Planet Earth HD series on Discovery. It sounded really interesting so I set it up for my Tivo subscriptions on my HDDVR. The really cool thing they do is to run a bunch of old shows on Sunday night so it is really easy to get all the episodes.

The shows are thematic like, The Poles, The Deep Ocean, The Jungles and they cover some breathtaking scenery all in HD with a particular focus on the animals in each setting. This is the reason you have a big screen television (ok, that and football). I would highly recommend checking this out asap. The link to the website from Discovery is here.

No comments: