Thursday, April 14, 2005

Ourmedia Vs. Google Video

I have had a couple of hiccups getting my podcasts over to Ourmedia. I think they are going to figure it out soon, which will be great. I like the Ourmeda Publisher tool so far as it is really feature rich as far as metadata for content. I am a bit bummed that the files are getting stuck at the Internet Archive, but hey its almost there right?

So the Google Video tool is even easier. Except it doesn't really have any other information other than the file name. Hmmm. Ok. So I sent a file to the Google servers and guess what? It's not in my account. Maybe this whole video thing isn't so easy. I know when we did Mp4.com several years ago we realized that there is a lot to chew on here. The good news in all of this though is that hosting really heavy content on the Internet just got a whole lot cheaper. I mean free. The question I have to ask myself is what are the hosts going to do with it? It will be interesting to see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Blogger,
Good blog. You’ve put lots of thought in here. At the moment I am looking for profiatble ideas. At the moment I have put up a site to sell Creative's Zen Micro. Conversion is not good though. If you are interested, go see my creative zen micro related site. It’s totally focussed on the Zen Micro at the moment and is still growing. You may still find something of interest. I recently added a MP3 link page - you would be welcome to post a link to your site there

Kerry